September 19, 2012

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck

This will be one of the several posts dedicated to my yearly visit back east.
Thank you for joining me as I reflect back on my trip and food adventures.  Enjoy~

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

125 East 7th Street (1st Avenue & Avenue A), New York, NY 10009

After dinner at Laut, we decided to part ways.  Since Barb and I had to walk back to Penn Station, Yvo and TC graciously walked with us.  Along the way, we happened upon the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck on one of the corners of Union Square!  

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

As if the dessert at Laut wasn't enough, TC, Barb and I each grabbed a cone.  The Salty Pimp to be exact.  One can never go wrong with ice cream!  

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

Here is the Salty Pimp in all its glory.  Vanilla ice cream with dulce de leche swirls sprinkled with sea salt and finally dipped in chocolate.  It was an explosion of sweet and salty and also cold and hot in my mouth!  This was one of the best ice cream cones I have ever had!  

But alas, I was too full from dinner and dessert at Laut and had to give the rest of my cone to TC.  If I remember correctly, I believe TC mentioned that he had indulged in five ice cream cones that day.  He's an ice cream machine!  

If you live in New York City and haven't had Big Gay Ice Cream yet, you must get some as soon as possible!  Before summer's end!  It is definitely worth it.  Lucky for you, there are two ways to do so.  

You can 1. visit their shop in person and experience their full menu plus other assorted treats or 2. follow Big Gay Ice Cream on Twitter to find out where their truck will be within the city.  Enjoy!  

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...