August 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals August 2012

Foodie Penpals August 2012 via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

It's another Foodie Penpals reveal day!  ^_^

My Foodie Penpal this month was Geneva, a sweet woman who not only sent me a package of goodies, but a dozen cookies as well!

Foodie Penpals August 2012 via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

The first thing I noticed was the embroidery on the note.  It probably didn't take long, but it looks so pretty.  And inside the note was a recipe for the cookies I received!  I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but I can't wait!  (edit:  Was just advised by Geneva that the above is tatting, not embroidery!  So pretty!)

Thanks so much for being my Foodie Penpal this month Geneva!  ^_^

Foodie Penpals August 2012 via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

From left to right:

Foodie Penpals August 2012 via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

~ Persimmon cookies in the box with the pink ribbon.  These were SO delicious!!!  They were extremely soft and smelled amazing.  I ate three in one shot!

~ A coconut tree platter. I thought this was a cute addition to the food goodies.  I can picture macaroons or macadamia nuts on it, hehe.

~ Peerless Coffee & Tea: Hawaiian Kona Blend.  I don't have a coffee maker at the moment, but this sounds like an interesting blend.

~ Exclusive Wild Porcini Sauce.  This jar of sauce has already been used up!  It was a bit spicy for me, but nothing I couldn't handle.

~ Amore All Natural Tomato Paste.  I haven't used this yet, but I definitely have plans to!

~ Cunha's Country Store Fig Spread.  This spread is great!  I've used it on bread, on crackers, with vegetables and even had a spoonful by itself.  I still have about half a jar left and am trying to figure out if I can stick it in some cookies...

~ Great Choice All Natural Raspberry Applesauce.  I've used this as part of my Breakfast Cookies and they turned out great.  I've also had a small bowl by itself as well.  I normally only have regular plain ol' applesauce, but now I'm wondering what other fruit combinations are out there.

~ Trader Joe's Roasted & Salted Marcona Almonds with Rosemary.  These were the perfect pick me up snack for class when I finished all my Breakfast Cookies.  I loved how there was a hint of Rosemary, nothing overwhelming.  These are already gone as well!

~ Polenta.  This is the first time I've ever had polenta.  I sliced it up and cooked it with the Wild Porcini Sauce above and pasta along with some zucchini.  The texture was strange, but it didn't taste bad at all.  Does anyone have a good polenta recipe for me to try?

~ Trader Ming's Peanut Satay Noodles & Sauce.  Honestly, I'm afraid to try this.  I'm afraid my Asian side will be judgmental.  >_<

Thank you so much Geneva!  I've enjoyed all your goodies and I can't wait to finish up the rest.  ^_^

If you're interested, go and check out what I sent to my August 2012 Food Penpal Deneene of Southern Living Yankee!

The Lean Green Bean


Now for those of you who are new to this and interested in joining, here is what Foodie Penpals is all about.

- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email.  It will be your responsibility to contact your penapl and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail.  On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!

- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!  The spending limit is $15.  The box must also include something written.  This can be anything from a note explaining what's in the box, to a fun recipe...use your imagination!

- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are.  (Don't forget about flat rate boxes!)

- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.  If you're a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received.  If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.

- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only.  We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.  So, Lindsay will keep two separate lists and match US with US and Canada with Canada!

If you're in Europe, please contact Carol Anne from This is Rock Salt (http://thisisrocksalt.com/) at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

If you live in Asia or Australia and want to get involved, email Lindsay at lclivingston@gmail.com and she will see if there is enough interest.

If you're interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.

You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!  You will receive a confirmation email from Lindsay within 24 hours if you sign up.  IF YOU DON'T GET ONE, send Lindsay at lclivingston@gmail.com an email!

Please check out other August 2012 Foodie Penpal reveals here!

Feel free to check out my other monthly Foodie Penpals reveals here!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...