August 20, 2012

Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk

This past week has been killer.  Especially Thursday.  I tossed and turned the night before and couldn't go to sleep.  All I could think about was my Halloween costume and other ridiculous things!

Yes, I know that Halloween is still months away, but I always start early.  It gives me more time to make my costume and put everything together.  I know I'm not the only one that plans ahead.  Am I...?

Anyways, I wake up the next day from those kind of nights all grouchy and cranky until I get my cup of coffee.  Some days I like my coffee black, other days bittersweet with sweetened condensed milk.  If you haven't yet tried coffee with sweetened condensed milk, you are totally missing out!

Don't be surprised by my almost completely empty container of sweetened condensed milk below.  I absolutely love this stuff!  I use it for my coffee, for Hong Kong-style milk tea, on thick toast, with peanut butter, you name it, I use it.  Yes, for everything.

Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk


Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

¾ to 1 cup of water
2 teaspoons of instant coffee (One of my favorite brands, NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™)
1 ½ to 4 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk (My favorite brand, Longevity Brand

Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

1. Bring the water to a boil in a small pot and pour into your coffee cup.  
2. Add 2 teaspoons of instant coffee into the hot water and stir until your coffee is 'brewed'.  Feel free to use your coffee maker instead if you prefer that over instant coffee.  

Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

3.  Add 1 ½ to 4 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk depending on your tastes.  I like my coffee just bittersweet so I used only 1 ½ tablespoons.  

Coffee with Sweetened Condensed Milk via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

4. Prop your feet up and relax with your freshly made delicious cup of coffee.  

Enjoy~!

Side Notes: 
This is very similar to Vietnamese Coffee.  
I find that foreign versions of Nescafé have a different taste and are better on my tastebuds.
While I do use other brands of sweetened condensed milk, such as Eagle Brand for my Coconut Custard Pie, I find myself going back to Longevity as it is still the best.  
A tip for those using brewed coffee - Place your spoon/tablespoon in the hot water/coffee for 10-15 seconds to heat it up.  It will allow the condensed milk to slip off the spoon easier.

14 comments:

  1. Yep, the best ever with sweetened condensed milk!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Julie! I rarely drink it any other way at home.

      Delete
  2. YUM! I have never tried coffee with sweetened condensed milk! I'm going to have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vietnamese/Chinese sweet coffee... So addicting. I used to buy condense milk just for the coffee and tea too. :-) It's such a treat now as I stopped drinking (my weight went up after drinking everyday! Hehee). Looks yummy and craving for it now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I should pay attention and see if I've gained weight from drinking this all the time... Hope you enjoy a cup soon!

      Delete
  4. yummmm! i have a major coffee addiction and this is right down my alley! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Let me know what you think of this version of coffee. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Just bought a Vietnamese coffee dripper at the store a few weeks ago and loving it! P.S. what happened to the French Press??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, my friend and I were talking about those after his trip to Vietnam! The French Press has been reserved for the weekends. =) Sadly, work keeps me busy so sometimes I forget that I'm brewing coffee!

      Delete
  6. Just tried this. Now I am going to have to blog about it lol! Thanks for turning me on to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you gave it a try! It's addictive!

      Delete
  7. I saw a can of sweetened condensed milk leftover from a recipe I never tired and I thought, "I wonder if I can put this in coffee..." so I googled it and found this so I tried it and OMG its amazing! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm glad Google brought you over this way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...