July 25, 2012

Leatherby's Family Creamery

Leatherby's Family Creamery via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

735 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 801 359 2525

After having dinner at the Hong Kong Teahouse and Restaurant, the group of us wanted something sweet for dessert.  One of us suggested Leatherby’s Family Creamery and so we all headed over.

Upon Mr. Munchimunch's recommendation, we split Gretchen's Golden Nugget.  Pralines and caramel ice cream nestled in a freshly-baked waffle bowl, smothered with caramel sauce.  Topped with pralines, whipped cream and a cherry. 

Leatherby's Family Creamery via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

It was delicious!!!  The caramel sauce was a bit too sweet after a while, but it worked well with the caramel ice cream.  The pralines and waffle cone produced just the crunchy contrast needed.  I will definitely revisit Leatherby's to try some of their other desserts.  There is a whole summer ahead of me!

Side Notes:
Not only does Leatherby’s serve ice cream and desserts, they also offer sandwiches, burgers, soup and salads and etc. on their menu.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Leatherby's in years - I think a trip is in order!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time! I'll probably go back to try their other desserts, hehe

      Delete
  2. Double caramel! My kids would be happy eating burgers and ice cream afterwords. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure if I will try the food there, but will definitely go there for ice cream again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...