My cookies aren’t special like Russell’s Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies or Jessica’s Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. I didn’t use cake flour, or bread flour, or melt the butter or even use the “good” chocolate. Instead, I just went with the The Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and tweaked it a little.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from The Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe)
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels until well distributed.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely