June 4, 2012

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

The other day, I realized that I hadn’t baked cookies in a very long time.  What I wanted was a soft toffee macadamia nut cookie.  But since I didn’t have all the ingredients, I made do with what I had.  Enough to make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.

My cookies aren’t special like Russell’s Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies or Jessica’s Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie.  I didn’t use cake flour, or bread flour, or melt the butter or even use the “good” chocolate.  Instead, I just went with the The Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and tweaked it a little.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Makes about 5 dozen cookies

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

1. Preheat the oven to 375 ° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels until well distributed.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

While these were not fancy schmacy chocolate chip cookies, they were more than acceptable for me!  Hopefully, they are acceptable for you guys as well.  ^_^

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. While I'm not one to be picky about cookies (at all ;)) - - there's something special about a simple classic cookie like this one. Great recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the original recipe! They look delicious, hope you enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did. They are all gone!

      Delete
  3. Yum! I wish I had some of these right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some cookie dough leftover in my freezer if you'd like me to mail you some, hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...