May 23, 2012

Simply Sushi - Downtown

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

180 West 400 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 801 746 4445

My friend’s birthday had passed and to celebrate, I treated her out for some sushi.  We were both craving sushi something fierce!  Mr. Munchimunch and I met her at the Simply Sushi downtown location.

Like every Japanese restaurant, Simply Sushi offers sushi, sashimi, and also cooked items.  However, Simply Sushi also offers “All You Can Eat Sushi” at a set price with a set menu.  In order to prevent their customers from abusing unlimited sushi, there are a set of rules clearly stated on their menu such as having to eat all the rice that comes with the sushi and not being able to order sushi to go.  We all ordered All You Can Eat Sushi.

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

(The interior was so dark that I had to use flash.  Please excuse the quality of the pictures!!)

To start off, All You Can Eat Sushi offers you free Edamame and Miso Soup to begin your meal.  From there, you fill out a form letting the sushi chef know what type of sushi/sashimi you will be ordering.

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

I ordered the Sunset Roll (Crab, Avocado, Cucumber with Salmon, Lemon and Ponzu on top) and the Dragon Roll (Tempura Shrimp with Eel, Avocado & Sweet Sauce on top).  The Dragon Roll is one of my favorite rolls as I love both eel and shrimp tempura.

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

I believe this was the Killer Shrimp Roll (Tempura Shrimp, Cucumber with Shrimp & Sweet Sauce on top) with Hamachi (yellowtail) and Tako (octopus) nigira sushi.  Mr. Munchimunch always orders Tako when eating sushi.

Simply Sushi - Downtown via http://munchimunch.blogspot.com/

My friend enjoyed the King Kong Tempura Roll (Tempura Shrimp, Crab, Cream Cheese & Sweet Sauce on top) so much she ordered another one!  (Not sure if you can tell that two pieces were already eaten before I could even take a picture…)

For an All You Can Eat Sushi price tag of $14.95 for lunch and $20.95 for dinner, it’s no wonder Simply Sushi has tons of business.  (The place was packed on a Thursday night and while we were there, four large parties showed up.)  If you can finish more than two rolls, the price tag is well worth it.  For example, my order of two special rolls at $9.50 each, plus $2.50 Edamame and $2.00 Miso Soup would have been slightly more expensive than the $20.95 All You Can Eat Sushi dinner price.

It will not replace my go to sushi restaurant (review coming soon!), but if I am ever in the area craving for sushi and extra ravenous, I would definitely pay Simply Sushi another visit.  ^_^

Side note:
There are two locations for Simply Sushi.  One in West Jordan and one downtown.

2 comments:

  1. I crave sushi like crazy when I'm pregnant. It's weird. And I want the raw stuff, not the cooked stuff!! I'll have to check this out once the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Wishing you a healthy and faster than usual pregnancy so you can get some sushi in afterwards. ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...